We are proud to present 8 free videos of lectures* by Samuel Blumenfeld and others. Timeless important information on education in America you will find nowhere else. (In some cases the quality is not excellent but the message in each case is as vitally crucial as they were when originally recorded - in most cases recorded by volunteers).
Click on the ones of your choice and enjoy... and Learn.
* Over 12 hours in all - divided in 1/2 hour segments
By right clicking on any of the links, selecting "save link as..."
you can view videos off-line.
If the video you select does not open immediately
(PROBABLY DUE TO HEAVY TRAFFIC) please try again in a few minutes.
1) History of the alphabet, Why children can't read, whole language, dyslexia,
look-say, and functional illiteracy. -
part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5
Samuel Blumenfeld speaking at homeschool conference
lovonia (Detroit) Michigan Sept. 5, 1990 (total 5 parts 45 mins)
2) The 24 Benefits of Homeschooling - all
Boise, Idaho - early 1990's (1 hr)
3) The Politicization of Public Education - part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4
Speaking to the National Assn. of Pro-America
Cour D'Alene Resort (Idaho) May 2, 1988 (2 hrs)
4) Affective Education - part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4
Samuel Blumenfeld & Dr. William Coulson
lovonia (Detroit) Michigan Sept. 5, 1990 (2 hrs)
5) Two Workshops on teaching Alpha-Phonics - part 1a, part 1b, part 2a, part 2b
Portland Oregon Homeschool Conference
October 29, 1988 (1 & 1/2 hrs)
6) Difference between Look-Say and Phonics - all
Samuel Blumenfeld interviewed by Pater Watt
Cour D'Alene Resort (Idaho) May 2, 1988 (1/2 hr)
7) Whole Language Outcome Based
Education (OBE) and the Solutions - part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4
Freedom Hill, Independence Hall,
Sterling Heights, MI. Sept. 9, 1993 (2 hrs)
8) Montana Home School Conference - part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4
Missoula, Montana - September 1989 (2 hrs)
Click here for more information on Phonics